Are there any height increase devices or equipment available?

The aspiration to increase one’s height is not an uncommon desire. This yearning has led to an overwhelming flood of so-called height increase devices and equipment in the market, with many consumers wondering about the efficacy of such products. Let’s delve into the matter and establish whether these devices hold any real potential for height enhancement or are merely part of another marketing scheme.

Height Increase Devices / Products

Height is primarily influenced by genetics, contributing approximately 80% to an individual’s stature, while environmental factors, such as nutrition and overall health, account for the remaining 20%. After the human body’s natural growth phase during puberty, the growth plates in our long bones close and cease to allow further increase in height. This natural process typically completes by the early twenties, leaving little room for substantial height growth afterward.

Now, let’s consider the most commonly advertised height increase devices: insoles and elevator shoes, stretching machines, and even inversion tables.

Insoles and elevator shoes are designed to give an immediate but artificial increase in height. These devices add a few inches to one’s stature, but only while worn. They work by increasing the height of the foot, much like a high-heeled shoe, but without changing the body’s physiology.

Stretching machines and inversion tables, on the other hand, work on decompressing the spine to increase height. While these devices may temporarily elongate the spine due to gravity’s pull, the effect is short-lived. Regular use of these machines can promote better posture, leading to a slightly taller appearance, but they do not stimulate actual growth of the spine or other body parts.

Other marketed devices, like electronic growth stimulators, claim to stimulate the human growth hormone (HGH) and promote growth. However, scientific research does not support these claims. Misuse of such devices or improper HGH stimulation can lead to various health issues, including heart disease and diabetes.

There’s a booming industry revolving around supplements and pills promising height increase. While some supplements may support general bone health, there is no conclusive scientific evidence that they can stimulate height increase post-puberty. Misuse of these products can lead to side effects and health complications and should therefore be cautiously approached.

In contrast, some legitimate means of influencing height, albeit to a small extent, include maintaining good nutrition, regular exercise, and adequate sleep during the growth period. Ensuring the body gets enough Vitamin D, calcium, and protein can help maximize the genetic growth potential. However, these preventative measures work best when implemented during the body’s natural growth phase.

To sum up, it’s essential to approach the concept of height-increase devices with a discerning eye. While certain products may provide temporary or perceived increases, long-term or substantial changes in height through these means are not supported by scientific evidence. Before investing time and money into such devices or equipment, it is recommended to consult with healthcare professionals. While we may not have control over our height, embracing our unique selves and fostering confidence, irrespective of stature, will surely stand us in good stead.

Follow Us:

Instagram: howtolooktall


One thought on “Are there any height increase devices or equipment available?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Discover more from

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading